I was so sad to hear about Tom Petty passing away but last week when I heard the results of the toxicology report, I was shocked. According to the Guardian article I read, Petty died of an accidental drug overdose, with a mix of prescription painkillers, sedatives and an antidepressant being found in his system. I was grateful that his family wanted to let people know about this, so it could potentially help others.
Tom Petty is yet another name and face that has died due to the use of prescribed medications. Some of those deaths have been because doctors who have prescribed lethal doses or combinations of medications, others have been because people who ‘doctor shopped’ and used multiple doctors and pharmacy’s to obtain prescribed medications. Some people abused their medications and others purchased them on the streets or obtained other people’s prescriptions. Regardless, if I started to list everyone I knew personally or knew of personally, who died of prescription drug use, it would be a very long list.
Everytime I help someone to break the cycle of addiction and free themselves from addiction, I know that I am living in my purpose.
If you are struggling with prescription drug use or know someone who is please feel free to contact us. Please contact us by calling 561.571.2204, through our contact form, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Me-TIme Healing Contact Us Here